Well, I finally made my way down to Boston Harbor to see those magnificient classic sailing ships docked on the waterfront. Boston is one of official ports of the Tall Ships Atlantic Challenge, a regatta that started in Spain and will end up in Ireland.
Below are some shots I took. The rest are in my Tall Ships Sail Boston Photo Album.
The 185 foot Europa, from the Netherlands, docked at Rowes Wharf Marina at the Boston Harbor Hotel.
270′ Mircea from Romania docked at Boston Fish Pier
Figurehead of the 356 foot Argentinian ship Libertad
There’s such a air of romance that surrounds these majestic vessels. You can’t help but fantasize about what it would be like to chuck the day job for a life of high seas adventure and exotic ports of call, accompanied by a crew of cute sailor boys, of course!
But if you can’t stow away on a sailing ship, at least you can celebrate the seafaring life with some cute nautical inspired fashion. Here are some of my vintage style picks to keep you looking SEE worthy all summer!
1. Sailboat print 60’s vintage dress from Annie Cream Cheese
2.The ever popular 50s inspired Bettie Page sailor style Captain dress
3. 1950s rhinestone sailboat brooch for sale at Great Vintage Jewelry
4. Vintage red, white and blue ship’s wheel pin and earrings set with anchor in center. Offered at Eclecticala.
5. 70s navy vintage dress with red anchor applique from Neo Vintage.
6. Rare cream and red leather 1970s Gucci bag with silver anchor. Offered by Rice and Beans Vintage.