OOOOO! It’s time for another fantastic Kerry Taylor Auction. Always offering the cream of the crop in vintage couture, this December 4th there will be dresses by Chanel, Dior, Vionnet, Poiret, Balenciaga, Yves St Laurent, Alexander McQueen, Vivienne Westwood, Ossie Clark, Jean Muir, Zandra Rhondes, and many other designers. Also antique textiles, jewelry and Hermes and Gucci handbags. And if you can’t get to London for the sale, you can bid online via Invaluable.com. Of course, if you’re like me, and don’t have the budget to bid on any of these beautiful investment pieces, it’s still fun to have a look at these wonderful fashions from the past. You can view the whole impressive collection here.
Below are some of the items on my “most likely to bid on if I had the cash” wish list
1. Beaded 1920s Opera Coat 2. Beaded French Flapper Dress circa 1928
3. Rare Chanel ribbon dress circa 1924 (bid estimates 10-15K pounds!) 4. Alexander McQueen for Givenchy 1990s flapper style dress (bid estimates 8-12K pounds)
1920s Navy Chiffon Hartnell Dress. Love the train in back and the matching jacket. So feminine and elegant.
1. Yves St Laurent for Dior 1959 black party dress 2. Pink floral silk Dior gown 1958
3. Dior Red silk cocktail dress 1959 4. Dior 1955 floral print cotton moire summer dress
Look at the lovely silk flowers decorating the bodice of this Madame Gres 1953 ball gown.
Dress has four layers of white and yellow chiffon, organza and taffeta with
a final top layer of glistening horsehair!
1. Yves St Laurent gold lame and black jersey evening gown circa 1980 2. Ossie Clark for Radley 40s inspired Celia Bertwell print 70s dress
3. Ossie Clark/Celia Bertwell “floating daisies” moss crepe dress 1970 4. 1980s Thierry Mugler blue cotton and faux fur peplum jacket
What vintage beauty would you bid on if you could?