See all the images below of retro kitchens from and 40s and 50s? Notice they all have an apron wearing babe in each one. Also, see how happy they look toiling away? That’s because they’re wearing that fabulous little apron! Seriously.
Even if you normally avoid it like the plague, you’ll probably have to visit your kitchen to do some kind of cooking or baking during the holiday season. So why not wear a vintage apron in a cheerful print while creating your culinary masterpieces? It’ll protect your clothing and its sheer adorableness may even make you feel better about the fact that you’re slaving over a hot stove all day! They also make great hostess gifts.
Or , you could collect a bunch and just use them for display in your kitchen. They’ll add a fun, whimsical touch of nostalgia and people will think you’re a domestic goddess!
Here are some of my favorites. So give yourself or someone else a unique gift of a pretty vintage apron this holiday season. The prices are right and it’s always nice to support small businesses!
1. Ruffled pink rose print apron from Shop at Moxie $14.95
2. Christmas bells apron from the Brown Pigeon $8.00
3. Poodle print apron from Coffee Klatch $12.00
4. Poinsettia & holly apron from Eclectic Resurrection $9.00
5. Floral and Rickrack Bib Apron from Alana’s Cherished Treasures $55.00
6. Floral Rickrack Apron from Vintage Fancy $10.00
7. Christmas kitties apron from Heavenly Vintage Lingerie $40.00