August 1st is National Girlfriends Day, a day to honor that special relationship we can only have with close women friends. Not sure who is responsible for creating this holiday,but I think it’s a great idea. It gives us the opportunity to reflect on how important our women friends are and to let them know how much they mean to us. And, I don’t know about you, but I”m always up for a reason celebrate to something, especially if it involves good times and girlfriends!
Best girlfriends , when they see you acting goofy, silly, sad, weird, crazy or hysterical either join in with the fun or offer support when the going gets tough . They don’t judge. They know you better than you know yourself. This is a priceless treasure.
So I’ve put together a list of my Top 10 ways you can celebrate National Girlfriends Day. Just call up your BFF’s, tell them how much you love them and invite them to do something fun with you to celebrate their special day!
1. Get together for Cocktails at the Beach
2. Clothing Swap-Have all your girlfriends clean out their closets and bring over clothes they no longer wear. Have fun swapping outfits.
3. Shop thrift stores, flea markets and antique malls hunting for cool treasures.
4.Play vintage dress up and take pin up style photos of each other.
5. You’re never too old to have a pajama party with the girls!
6. Have an old fashioned tea party.
7. Pack some food and drinks and go on a girls only picnic.
8. Make popcorn, drink champagne or vodka and rent all episodes of Absolutely Fabulous.Spend the day cracking up over the craziest girl duo ever!
9. Bike ride to a favorite cafe for lunch.
10. Go out dancing together!
“A good friend is like a good bra: hard to find, supportive, always lifts you up, makes you look better, never lets you down or leaves you hanging, and is always close to your heart.”
Have a glamorous day!