Halloween wouldn’t be complete without whipping up some fun recipes inspired by the holiday. I’ve chosen five of my favorites from around the web, authentic vintage recipes to twists on the classics, spooktacular concoctions and confections that will be frightfully delicious additions to a Halloween party menu!
1. Banana Spook Cake I loved the idea of turning bananas into ghosts . And you can’t go wrong with the combination of banana and chocolate. Find the instructions from the original vintage recipe for this spooktacular cake at Mid Century Menu.
2. Halloween Jack O Lantern Pasta Such a fun way to serve up spaghetti and sauce , the ultimate comfort food, with a Halloween flair. And eezy peezy to boot! Find how to at Shibani Kitchen.
3. Mr. Hyde Potion A terrifying twist on the classic martini. Vodka, blackberry syrup, lemon juice , lavender and dry ice. For full instructions on how to conjure up this creepy cocktail go here. Don’t blame me for what you may turn into after a few of these!
4. Pumpkin Mousse Trifle Trifles are a tried and true old time-y dessert. And this bewitching layered beauty of rum laced pumpkin mousse, whipped cream and dark chocolate will have everyone at your Halloween soiree “goblin” down every last bite! Find recipe here.
5. Skeleton Cupcakes And no retro Halloween recipe list would be complete with out the classic cupcake. Here they are transformed into cute hat wearing skeletons. And you can save time by buying already made cupcakes and adding the decorations. Fine the how to here.
If you’ve got any good Halloween recipe ideas, please feel free to share!