There are gazillions of gift guides and articles on what to give loved ones for Valentine’s Day. But why not show yourself some love as well to commemorate the holiday? After all, you’re pretty important in your life too! Show yourself some appreciation and treat yourself to something fun and special this week. A day at the spa, a cute little bauble, decadent chocolate, a bottle of bubbly. Whatever your heart desires, something to make you smile, because no one knows better than you how much you deserve it!
And because I love vintage-y things, I’ve gone and put together a list of 10 Valentine’s Day gift ideas for those gals who have a penchant for pretty things from the past. I also always like to feature independent designers, artisans and small boutiques because they offer the unique and one of a kind. Perhaps you’ll find something here that you’d like to treat yourself to for Valentine’s Day!
- Woody Ellen is a Belgian artist who makes handpainted accessories. And her 50s inspired ‘Red Paris” rose print purse is quite a stunner. $91.00. Find it here.
- How adorable is this authentic 1950s vintage red heart print skirt? Size small, 27″ waist. $68.00 Offered by Stutterinmama on Etsy. Love the rickrack trim!
- Delectable Belgian chocolate treats from Newhaus luxury chocolatier. To celebrate their 100th anniversary their ballotin gift boxes are now available in gorgeous original 1924 designs. $36.00. Find them here.
- 3.Perk up a blouse, sweater or jacket with this one of a kind, vintage Kenneth J Lane resin rose brooch with black enamelling and rhinestones. $50.00. Available at Jackie’s Gems on Ruby Lane
- Fill the room with the scent of chilled Prosecco and roses, while sipping the bubbly! From Voluspa’s Vermeil collection this Prosecco Rose scented candle is a delight for the eyes and the senses. The rose color container is inspired by pressed glass of the 1920s and is flecked with precious metals and metallic gold interior. $26.00. Find it here.
- This adorable authentic vintage cardigan is trimmed in red rose appliques. S/M. 75.00. At GeronimoVintage on Esty.
- Vintage inspired blue crystal perfume bottle pendant so you can dab on a bit of your favorite scent whenever the mood strikes you! $22.00. Available at Rtistmary on Esty.
- When lounging around eating bon bons and champagne, it’s always appropriate to wear a glamorous vintage dressing gown like this authentic 1940s rose print silky rayon beauty. L/XL. $145.00 from Poppys Vintage on Ruby Lane.
- Authentic vintage romantic rose print silk scarf by Echo. $14.99. Find it here.
- Pretty retro carved red resin rose earrings with faceted black beas drops and silvertone filligree end caps. $16.99. Find them here.
Have a glamorous, love filled week!